The British Embassy in Jakarta is part of a world-wide network of 230 Posts, representing British political, economic and Consular interests overseas. We are currently looking to recruit a Personal Assistant to the Senior Management Team to join our dynamic team. This is an interesting and challenging role which will report directly to the Her Majesty’s Ambassador (HMA) and Deputy Head of Mission (DHM).
Personal Assistant to Senior Management Team
2 years renewable contract
Main Duties includes:
- Full secretarial and administrative support to HMA and DHM including: managing the diary, drafting letters and minutes, organising meetings; fielding telephone calls, meeting and greeting visitors, facilitating domestic and international travel.
- Liaise with counterparts in other departments, missions and London.
- Coordinate/liaise with the HMA’s Residence Manager and Close Protection Team, driver and other Sections within the Embassy on arrangements for events including commissioning speeches/briefing papers etc.
- Organising and arranging events at DHM’s residence in liaison with other sections within the Embassy.
- Monitoring budgets to include HMA and DHM travel, entertainment and representational budgets;
- Contribute to the delivery of the annual Queen’s Birthday Party.
- Assist with ad hoc projects/events as directed by HMA and Deputy Head of Mission.
- Participate in the Embassy’s response to crisis situations.
Requirements:The position requires a confident person who possesses the following experience/skills/competences:
- Relevant working experience, preferably in an international organisation.
- Strong capacity for working with IT with proficiency in using MS Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint , web applications and proficient typing skill.
- Proven record of delivering results, including excellent self management, organisational and planning skills.
- Highly flexible and able to work in multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, a leave entitlement and training package. Training for the job will be provided where necessary. Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
Office hours are 0730 hours – 1600 hours from Monday to Thursday, and 0730 hours – 1300 hours on Friday.
Application closing date: 19 December 2012
Please send your CV and the completed application form, which can be downloaded from our website at, http://ukinindonesia.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/our-embassy/working-for-us/personal-assistant, by Wednesday 19 December 2012, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interview is expected to take place in the week commencing 7th of January 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer and aims to reflect the diversity of British and Indonesian society. We welcome applications from suitably qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.